Re: rc3 status update

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 11:58:43AM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Saturday 05 March 2005 19:07, Joey Hess wrote:
> > 8 Mar   merge updates to sarge branch of svn repository, where
> > necessary powerpc 2.4 kernel deb is in testing

> How should translations be handled here?
> For languages where updates have been done in both branches, merging
> changes from trunk may result in conflicts (even if only in date fields).

When I was updating partman-auto recently and merging the changes onto the
sarge branch, I found that there were translation updates that there was at
least one translation update that had been made on the sarge branch that had
not been updated on the trunk, and I had to cross-merge the debian/po/
directory to get everything synced up. :/  It would be nice if such changes
were at least made to the trunk first, and only then merged onto the release
branch.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer