Re: freezing source packages that produce udebs

On Domh, 2005-03-06 at 09:27 -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Geert Stappers wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 05:58:05PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> > > I've added packages to the base freeze that produce udebs in addition to
> > > debs. This is to avoid propigation of udeb sources to testing if the d-i
> > > release schedule does not allow the udeb to also propigate. As has
> > > already happened in at least one case (cdebconf). I left off a few
> > > packages that produce udebs that are not used, so these are the newly
> > > frozen packages:
> > >
> > > discover1 discover1-data dmidecode e2fsprogs fribidi iso-codes jfsutils
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^
> > > libdebian-installer linux-ntfs lvm2 mdadm mii-diag module-init-tools
> > > pcmcia-cs raidtools2 reiserfsprogs slang util-linux wireless-tools
> > > xfsprogs network-console

Joey,

I was waiting until iso-codes-0.44-1 was safely in testing / RC3 (I'm
not sure how to tell: watching for the 0.41 udeb to drop out of the
archive) before uploading  0.45 that fixes the RC bug. Is it Ok
to upload now, or would you prefer not?

Its up to you; the fix is in CVS and straightforward, the problem is
'technically' RC Critical, but the only program it broke has been fixed
by other means: it now uses the XML instead.

Regards
Alastair