Re: Debian Installation Manual Remark

On Monday 14 February 2005 16:11, Laurent Meirieu wrote:
> I don't know if the person who read this will be french or english or
> from other state, so i will use english.
>
> Just a remark after some hours of search with Lilo trouble : when i
> restarted my PC, lilo displays
>
> L followed by 0101010101010101 . It was because my second hd was SLAVE
> ...  (i think because after changing my second disk in master,
> installation of LILO was OK)
>
> I find this information on another french document of Debian
> installation. Perhaps it's good notice to add in your document ?

It would be better if you could file an installation report [1] that
explains what happened and why, because it looks like a bug to me.
We get more reports like yours, but this is the first I've seen that has
an explanation for the lilo error.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

Cheers,
FJP