Re: Making English the default on serial console installs

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/10/msg01010.html and
follow-ups for the original thread.

* <tbm@cyrius.com> [2004-10-12 23:01]:
> There is a long-outstanding bug on serial console install which nobody
> has been able to track down so far: if you choose any language other
> than English, the system will just freeze.  It's very unlikely that
> someone will fix this in the next weeks, so I think we should make
> English the default on serial console installs and not give users a
> choice to choose a language which will only freeze d-i.

A user just reminded me that this is still broken.  There was a patch
in #263137 but apparently this broke something else.  In the absence
of a working patch, can we make English the default on serial console
installs and not let users choose something else?

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/