Re: Ugly display on Greek installs?

tags +confirmed
severity 288269 critical
thanks

On Πέμπτη 03 Φεβρουάριος 2005 20:58, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> me too, especially since I've tried hard to make sure that it
> worked right in the first place. At the very least, new problems
> should be created not the old ones reappear :-).
>
> Anyway, I'm expecting some new pcs tomorrow so I can do some proper
> testing and not wait 1 hour on qemu on my laptop :-/

Ok, apparently the ugly display on greek installs is the cause of 2
bugs actually.  Mostly it's the same as #288269, with the result of
both languagechooser and localechooser getting called and filling
up /etc/environment with double entries and #273590, where
console-tools fails to parse double entries and thus fails to
configure the console font. I'm told that the latter will be fixed
soon by Colin Watson, using some Ubuntu patches, but still the
former (288269) is what's causing the problem, and I'm pretty sure
that there might be other side-effects as well.

Konstantinos