Re: Sorting is implemented in cdebconf CVS (was Re: Countrychooser commited in CVS)

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> We have 20 kilobytes free on the root floppy. Don't make me laugh..

OK, OK, I understand : I was absolutely unaware of these room
problems. So, currently, Denis proposal seems to be the only way to
get sorting properly work at least in very early packages.

THe problem is : it is quite complicated and I'm not sure all
translators will be able to make it. Moreover, it breaks the initial
idea of completely forgetting having the country list in one of our
packages, but rely on the iso-codes package.

Maybe we'd better forget about sorting in countrychooser : your region
sorting system is already enough for having people easily find their
own country.

Moreover, the ideas which float around languagechooser/countrychooser
may modify all this with the "whole country" list menu being showed
very rarely to users.