Re: Bits about countrychooser and languagechooser

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 08:11:24PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:

> In this rather long mail, I'll try to summarize the ideas which
> float around about these topics : choosing language, country,locale
> and all this stuff. Things are currently not clear for various
> reasons (including some by myself..:-)))

Just one comment of the whole issue: when you get the new structure
implemented, don't forget about folks like myself, who are e.g.
russian-speaking living in Germany. Please do not make a mistake
Microsoft has made with Windows 98 - if you had installed the russian
version of Windows, selecting Germany as country, all of the cyrillic
characters disappeared after a reboot :)

--
Nikolai Prokoschenko
nikolai@prokoschenko.de / Jabber: pronik@jabber.org