Re: 2.4.24 on i386

Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> I don't have problems with 2.4.24 either, but then again, I don't have any
> SMP boxes. If we go with 2.4.24, we should al least include the SMP
> deadlock fix from 2.4.25-pre5. Unless the plan is not to stick with 2.4.24
> for the final sarge release, of course.

I don't read LKML, so this is news to me. Although I do have a smp box
running .24. Hmm.

Anyway, d-i runs on a UP kernel, and then installs a kernel to match
hardware. It automatically switched over to installing the
2.4.24-1-386-smp kernel on smp systems as soon as that version of the
kernel went into testing. If there's a serios problem, I hope Herbert
will fix his kernel..

I guess that switching d-i itself to 2.4.24 will not aggrivate this
though.

--
see shy jo