Re: ntfs resize and gtk frontends

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:02:14PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> Still, i wonder what the use of many outside library would mean to
> libparted and its use in debian-installer, where size matters.

It is not necessary for libparted to depend strongly on libntfs but
the same way as on libreiserfs.  When the libreiserfs is present then
parted uses it and provides support to resize the reiser file system.
However parted doesn't depend on libreiserfs.  This means that libntfs
can be packaged in udeb that will be unpacked only when the memory is
enough (or rather only when the user requests full support for ntfs).

On 19.I.2004 at 17:52 Steve Langasek wrote:

> Depending on the robustness of the ntfsresize commandline interface,
> perhaps this can be included as a lower-priority udeb that libparted
> (partman?) can interface with iff it's available?

This is also possible.

Anton Zinoviev