Re: Just a quick question...

Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 06:40:38PM +0100, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

 cut -c 1-512 /dev/zero | head -50000 > /dev/hda

Blah, sorry, that won't work, of course, unless you're fond of having all
0x0a on your disks. :-)

/* Steinar */

I guess you missed my point... I wasn't looking for a "fix"... I was asking if it was slated for addition... I have other images on the tftpserver I can boot to that contain 'dd'. We use these images for many different tasks, such as wiping drives, or writing zeros to entire drives to find bad blocks. I was just hoping that the 'dd' tool would be available in the new installer... <g>

Stu

--
Q:	How many college football players does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A:	Only one, but he gets three credits for it.