Re: daily images for PA-RISC/HPPA

* Richard Hirst <rhirst@linuxcare.com> [2004-01-10 14:17]:
| On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:21:17AM +0100, Thorsten Sauter wrote:
| >
| > Hello debian-installer's :-),
| >
| > I have setup daily images for the HPPA architecture on paer.debian.org.
| > The images creates cdrom, netboot and a lif image from source. As
| > usually everything is available here:
| > 	http://people.debian.org/~tsauter/d-i/images-hppa/daily/
| >
| > I hope, we can build daily cdrom images as well.
| >
| > I have tested the images on the following machine types (always tftpboot
| > via lif image): 9000/712-60 and 9000/712-80.
| >
| > Please test the images.
|
| netboot.lif seems to have a rather strange cmdline:
|
| TERM=linux console=tty initrd=netboot-initrd.gz ramdisk_size=8192 root=/dev/rd/0 initrd=0/linuxrc devfs=mount,all rw
|
| I couldn't find "initrd=0/linuxrc" anywhwere in the d-i source.

maybe this should be "init=0/linuxrc"?
btw. the netboot.lif is working fine on my hppa

| The crdom-image.img seems to have a more sane cmdline, but I still had
| to use palo to edit it to add "root=/dev/ram devfs=mount,dall" before it
| would get anywhere.  I had to remove TERM=linux as well, because palo
| locked up if I included all those params.  palo has a history of locking
| up when you edit the cmdline, unfortunately.

I will comaire these both command line variants

| Anyway, after that, it booted and mounted the initrd, and then looped
| complaining that it couldn't find various kernel modules, and reporting
| 'segmentation fault'.

yes. the same happens for e, if I create a cdrom and try to install from
it. Via netboot, it doesn't segfault for me.

Thanks for your testing... we're on the right way :-)

Bye
Thorsten