Re: DI on a Pavilion dv1074ea

Joey Hess wrote:

George Papamichelakis wrote:
I'm using a snapshot of DI (downloaded today from http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/current)
to install on HP Pavilion notebook 1074ea .
Installation runs smoothly until the reboot (using kernel 2.6) where after
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000024

Append "emergency" to the kernel command line when booting ("linux
emergency" will do), and then add a "skip i810_audio" to
/etc/discover.conf and also add i810_audio to /etc/hotplug/blacklist,
should fix it. (I think i810_audio is the relevant module.)

The emergency helped a lot I can say , but I wasn't able to to boot into the machine even with that . Messing around I found that disabling the hotplug init.d script did the trick, and now I have to find which
device is causing the trouble.

Anyway thanks a lot and may we all  have a happy new year

GP