Re: SATA on Dell PowerEdge SC420 & hwclock

Hi all,

  "Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:44:36 +0100", "Geert Stappers"
  "Re: SATA on Dell PowerEdge SC420 & hwclock"
>> >  If you know a reason about this strange behavior, please let me know.

 Thanks. It seems that kernel problem in specific environment,
 but in d-i, some "workaround" to avoid such situation should
 be provieded for users if we can.

 Anyway I'll read it carefully later, again.

>> I've seen this before on an IBM Thinkcentre. A firmware upgrade solved it.
>
>Are details about that "firmware upgrade" available?

 It's interesting.

 But now we cannot get any updated firmware  from dell.
 see http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&SystemID=PWE_420SC&os=BIOSA&osl=en&deviceid=159&devlib=1&category=1&releaseid=R84250
 It is just "Initial Release", no updates are inclued in it.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane <henrich @ samba.gr.jp/iijmio-mail.jp>
 Key fingerprint = 4555 82ED 38B6 C870 E099  388C 22ED 21CB C4C7 264B

 Japanese translation works for debian l10n
 http://www.mithril-linux.org/trans/debian-po/