installation problem with package selection

Hi folks and merry x-mas,

hopefully thats the right place to write to.

I recognized following mysterious thing during installation of "Sarge" in
german.

When I choose "Desktop-System" from package selection and NOT run tasksel or
dselect afterwards - I only get a minimal configured Gnome and no KDE.

I personally would prefer that both (KDE and GNome) deskman would get
installed - because a user that is new to debian would probably prefer KDE.

Everytime I have to express what my intention was to choose debian instead of
SuSE.

awaiting an answer - yours

Marcel S. Henselin