Re: Sort of installation report

Il giorno mer, 22-12-2004 alle 20:13 +0100, Frans Pop ha scritto:

> On Wednesday 22 December 2004 11:02, Stefano Canepa wrote:
> >  yesterday I installed my Sony Vaio PCG-FX801 stage 1 finished
> > correctly but I had two little problem in installing software. I
> > choised desktop into tasksel but I finished with X not starting becouse
> > psmouse.ko was not inserted, why did it happened?
>
> Sounds like http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=255744

Yes it is my situation. I can reproduce this as I tried to reinstall and
the problem appears again.

> > The second little
> > problem is that system locale was set to it_IT@EURO but not UTF8, I
> > understood that UTF8 is the prefered encoding in new Debian, did I
> > undestand wrongly?
>
> Yes, you understood wrong. IIRC, currently only Greek uses UTF8 by
> default.

This is good to know.

Regards
sc

PS: sorry for the dupplicated answer
--
Stefano Canepa - email: sc@linux.it - www: http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.