Strange error with sarge tree: server returned error 400: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

I updated my mipsel dailys today and thought I'd switch from trunk to
sarge.  Unfortunately, this didn't work very well.  When I boot the
sarge daily image on mipsel/cobalt, I get errors when it tries to
download .udebs.  syslog shows:

Jan  1 00:01:10 anna[791]: wget:
Jan  1 00:01:10 anna[791]: server returned error 400: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request^$
Jan  1 00:01:10 anna[791]:
Jan  1 00:01:16 anna[791]: WARNING **: bad d-i Packages file

Interestingly, images built from trunk don't show these problems.  I
put the full build logs at http://www.cyrius.com/tmp/screen-sarge and
http://www.cyrius.com/tmp/screen-trunk

Maybe someone can diff them and see what's going on.  I diffed them
but didn't notice anything obvious.

(Oh, probably unrelated, but still a bug, note the "expr: syntax
error" at the end.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/