Re: 3ware 9000 question

Hi Simon,

(good to see another k1w1 around the place)

Looks like pivot_root can't find the root filesystem - a common problem but the error is unfortunately unhelpful.

I had this for a USB HD because the proper usb modules are not added to the initrd created on the installed disk.

Assuming there is a kernel module for the card you mention, you probably just need to add the appropriate module and and maybe a delay to the installed initrd using mkinitrd manually during the install phase.

See:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/11/msg01601.html

geoff

Simon Buchanan wrote:
Hi There, I know that there are some issues with the 3ware 9000 series raid cards... but would like to know (please) if there is any light at the end of the tunnel here and/or if there is a way to get these card working...

I have proceeded with an install (linux62 and expert62) with the rc2 installer (netinstall) that i downloaded a couple of days ago... and get this on rebooting after:

SCSI subsystem initialized
pivot_root: no such file or directory
/sbin/init: 42: cannot open dev/console: no such file
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

on re-booting, after base install... Everything seems to work perfectly up till then?

Any help is much needed!

Regards,

Simon