Re: SATA support....

On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:38:10PM -0500, Rothwellc9@aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I gather there is a problem with installing Linux on machines with SATA
> drives. I've tried installing from the woody cd and this ends up assigning my cd
> to /dev/hda and my hard drive to /dev/hde which leads to a problem with
> untrapped interrupts. My cd drive is on an ATA slot but my hard drive is on a  SATA
> slot.
>
> I want to know if the sarge distribution for instance has the  SATA problem
> licked. If anyone replies please use the language of thick  people so I can
> understand. Thanks

You have new hardware (SATA disks)
but you use old software (Woody CD)

The trick is to use recent software
you find it at http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

You will probaly also need to type 'linux26' before you continue,
but that is explained in the F1-keys screen after CD-ROM boot.

> Chris Rothwell  _Rothwelc9@aol.com_ (mailto:Rothwelc9@aol.com)
With some luck you understand it,
that means that you got this message
because I expect that you are on the mailinglist that you ask.
(or least reads its archives)

Cheers
Geert Stappers