Re: release update and branching

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:39:49PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > That said, if we had done the change in august, then we would not have this
> > problem anymore now, so the whole discussion comes down to if we will release
> > this year yet (highly unlikely), or 6 or more onth from now.
>
> I'm sorry, but I regard that attitude as such complete bullshit that I
> cannot talk to people who have it. Bye.

Joeyh, do you seriously think we can release this year yet (as in the next 4
weeks) ? I don't think there is time for this even if t-p-u was fixed today. I
agree on a january-feburary timeframe, and even in this case, using the new
parted would be problematic, as you well know.

On the other hand, if the release is going to happen months from now, as
already happened two times in the past (december 2003, august 2004), then we
will have time to do the switch.

I am right now making sure that we have a version in experimental of all the
rdepends of libparted, so that this second solution is doable if we go that
way, but this is seriously no particular reason to take it that way, is it ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther