Re: release update and branching

Sven Luther wrote:
> Well, i don't really anticipate doing loads of parted 1.6.11 uploads anyway,
> but i guess this is moot, since it seems there is a rough consensus among the
> RMs to get the experimental parted in sarge. Or at least try to do so.
>
> Unless you really like to reply to all the future "debian ate my windows
> install" bug reports :)

I think I would prefer to do so, or properly document the issue and let
users decide whether to install with 2.6 or not and risk the problem
(which doesn't seem to happen very often), than make a rc3 release. I'm
done with major d-i releases for sarge. If someone else wants to
coordinate another d-i release for sarge with lots of large changes and
wants to include a new parted in it, then maybe.

--
see shy jo