Re: release update and branching

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 01:58:53PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > Why ? i can upload the experimental package to unstable, and it be used in
> > d-i, and if sarge fixes are needed upload them through t-p-u, no ?
>
> I think the release managers will tell you this is not a good idea. See
> kde's mounds of unfixed security holes in testing due to the t-p-u
> uploads not getting in.

Well, i don't really anticipate doing loads of parted 1.6.11 uploads anyway,
but i guess this is moot, since it seems there is a rough consensus among the
RMs to get the experimental parted in sarge. Or at least try to do so.

Unless you really like to reply to all the future "debian ate my windows
install" bug reports :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther