Re: partman problems (sparc and elsewhere)

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 03:36:14PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > Or partition we are mounting without formating if its type doesn't
> > correspond to the file system it contains.
>
> Well, i don't think so, not automatically at least.

Partman has to do something with the partition type of such partitions.
Consider this:

1. The user specifies some partition to be new-world boot partition.
2. Partman sets the flags and file system apropriately
3. Parted changes the partition type in its internal structures
4. The user changes his mind and decides to use the existing file system
   in this partition.  It was ext3 and the partititon type needs to be
   restored.

Anton Zinoviev