install: automatic network configuration: worked with linksys card but not CNet card

Package: <?>
Version: <?> (recent stable net install version)

The linux worked with the linksys card but not with the CNet card. I'm submitting this because this information might be useful to someone else.

The automatic DHCP / BOOTP did not work with the CNet NIC. I tried using both the dmfe driver and the tulip driver. However, when I replaced the CNet NIC with a linksys NIC, the automatic configuration worked. I spent a lot of time working on this problem and I'm hoping to save someone else the trouble.