AIC 79xx for di

Hi,

The new debian installer is great!  However, when I start the installer,
it doesn't recognize my SCSI hard drive.  The information for the drive
is below:

scsi0 : Adaptec AIC79XX PCI-X SCSI HBA DRIVER, Rev 1.3.10-RH1
        <Adaptec AIC7901 Ultra320 SCSI adapter>
        aic7901: Ultra320 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, PCI-X 67-100Mhz,
512 SCBs

After looking around, it seems that I need a custom kernel with the
newest drivers for this drive.  If so, how would I go about that?  I
have the source for the drivers, I'm just not sure how to go about
integrating it into the d-i source.  Thanks,

Casey