Re: 2.4.27-6 source and i386 images available for testing

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 04:32:00PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 03:20:16PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Horms <horms@debian.org> [2004-11-25 15:20]:
> > > I have addressed the elf loader issue and one or two other problems I
> > > had outstanding and built some kernel-source and kernel-image-i386
> > > packages, both are versioned 2.4.27-6.
> >
> > Thanks.  Does the ELF issue have a CAN number you could mention in the
> > changelog?
>
> I couldn't find one when I looked. If anyone has a CAN entry for it
> please let me know.
>
> > Also, it would be good to talk to Joey Hess before
> > uploading the kernel, but I don't see how uploading it to unstable
> > would hurt d-i.  Later we can update the d-i kernels and re-build the
> > images.
>
> Yes, I agree. As I understand the d-i kernel and the non-d-i kernel
> don't need to be the same.
>
> I assumed Joey was reading this thread, I have CCed him to increace
> the chances of that.
>

> As per the mail you sent me about the SMB problems.
> I have new packages in the pipeline that address that problem.
> I also took the opportunity to review all the changesets that
> have been applied to 2.4 since 2.4.27 and isolated a bunch
> of other bugs that look pretty nasty. I tried to pair this down
> as much as possible. I hope to have new packages that test these
> changes out by COB today. Watch this space.

Hi Martin, Hi All,

Here are a fresh batch of kernel packages to look at as per
the above. Please not that the file names are the same so look for
the files dated 26th November.

Note that the kernel-image package didn't change, other
than being rebuilt against the updated source so the
changelog is the same, although the compiled binraries differ.

If interested parties could take a look before I upload them I would
be grateful. Interested parties = anyone who wants to use a debian
2.4 kernel in sarge.

Goodies:
http://debian.vergenet.net/pending/kernel-source-2.4.27-2.4.27/
http://debian.vergenet.net/pending/kernel-image-2.4.27-i386-2.4.27/