Re: Booting and installing via Network (no floppy/CDROM available) - looking for pointers

Christian Perrier wrote:

> Combining both will guve you what you want, I guess.

Thanks, Christian. Serving the Installer Kernel via ISC DHCPD and
booting with this Kernel works now. I used a Dell Latitude D800 for
testing, because the server has not yet arrived, but unfortunately
the IDE hard disk is not being found for partitioning. When I boot
from Sarge CD #1 instead of booting via LAN, the hard disk is being
found without hassle.

I guess I am missing a kernel module here? As I am not yet familiar
with Debian, I am not sure which module I should load and how I
could achieve that in 'expert26' setup mode. Maybe there is a boot
parameter required to support IDE hard disks?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter