Booting and installing via Network (no floppy/CDROM available) - looking for pointers

Hello list members,

I asked a similar question on 'debian-users' first, but judging from
the turnout, I'd probably have not chosen the proper list. So here I
go again:

In the next days, I'll have to install an embedded server without
floppy disk or CD ROM drive. However, the server can boot from one
of the LAN ports located on the motherboard (VIA VT6103/VT6105). I
have successfully installed SuSE Linux with DHCP/BOOTP and AutoYaST
on similar servers before, but I'd like to go for Debian this time
(Sarge, if possible).

What would you recommend as suitable starting points for this kind
of network-based booting and system installation, and what is your
favourite AutoYaST-lookalike for Debian?

Thanks for your suggestions.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter