Re: Update for kbd-chooser patch (was: Re: r23706 - in trunk/packages/kbd-choose)

Frans Pop wrote:
> > Found usbkbd kdb: 0x4a2:0x11
>         ^^^^^^
> Hmmm.
> - From your /proc/bus/usb/devices I would expect this to read 'usbhid'.

Checked and it says usbkbd.

> I've committed the changes to svn after testing as far as I can, so please
> test this new version again.

Results of my testing:

i386 laptop with only built in keyboard, 2.4 kernel:
	choices were: PC-Style, USB keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was PC-Style)
	I don't know why it proposed a usb keyboard here.

ia64 via serial console, 2.4 kernel, usb keyboard attached
	choices were: PC-Style, USB keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was No keyboard)

i386 laptop with only built in keyboard, 2.6 kernel:
	choices were: PC-Style, USB keyboard
	(Default was PC-Style)
	I don't know why it proposed a usb keyboard here.

ia64 via serial console, 2.4 kernel, usb keyboard attached
	choices were: USB keyboard, No keyboard to configure
	(Default was No keyboard)

i386 laptop with built in and usb keyboards, 2.4 kernel:
	choices were: PC-Style, USB keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was PC-Style)
	IIRC this is correct, since my USB keyboard is not a mac keyboard

i386 laptop with built in and usb keyboards, 2.6 kernel:
	choices were: PC-style, USB keyboard
	(Default was PC-Style)

ia64 via serial console, 2.4 kernel, no keyboard attached
	choices were: PC-Style, USB keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was No keyboard)
	I don't know why it proposed a usb keyboard here.

ia64 via serial console, 2.6 kernel, no keyboard attached
	choices were: USB keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was No keyboard)
	I don't know why it proposed a usb keyboard here.

ia64 at the console, usb keyboard, 2.4 kernel
	choices were: PC-Style, USB keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was PC-Style)

ia64 at the console, usb keyboard, 2.6 kernel
	choices were: USB keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was USB keyboard)
	This seems wrong, why is PC-Style not an option?
	However, after I configured it to use this keyboard, all the
	keys on the keyboard seemed to work correctly, so maybe it was
	right.

vmware with usb disabled, 2.4 kernel
	choices were: PC-Style, USB Keyboard, No keyboard
	(Default was PC-Style)
	FWIW, this system has no /proc/bus/usb/devices, so apparently
	it's adding the USB keyboard choice even if there's no USB.

vmware with usb disabled, 2.6 kernel
	choices were: PC-Style, USB keyboard
	(Default was PC-Style)

Well, it seems to always get the default right. I don't know why it
always has USB keyboard as an option though.

--
see shy jo