From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Making English the default on serial console installs
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 17:55:38 +0100
To: debian-boot.lists.debian.org

There is a long-outstanding bug on serial console install which nobody
has been able to track down so far: if you choose any language other
than English, the system will just freeze.  It's very unlikely that
someone will fix this in the next weeks, so I think we should make
English the default on serial console installs and not give users a
choice to choose a language which will only freeze d-i.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com

----- End forwarded message -----