Re: PPC 6360 boot woes

> Try restting the PRAM at boot time.  As you boot hold down
> Cmd+Option+P+R
>
> Wait until the startup chime is heard two or three times and then
> release or try the open firmware combination again.
>
> HTH
>
> Clive

Thanks for the input Clive, for some reason that key combination isn't
working for me either.  Maybe something is wrong with my setup.

Currently, I have the standard mac keyboard plugged in to the computer
with a serial connection to my windows box to view openfirmware
output.  It was what I remebered from the first time I did the setup
on this machine.  Also, to further assist anyone who might donate some
time to this, I have the first few lines of output from the Mac when
it boots :

OF_open bootpath=ata/ATA-Disk@0
read stage 2 blocks: 01234567. done!
starting stage 2...

>> NetBSD/macppc OpenFirmware Boot, Revision 1.7
>> (autobuild@tgm.daemon.org, Tue Apr  8 14:55:46 UTC 2003)
Cannot use bootpath
Using boot-device instead
no active package3852388|

I hit all key combos right as the chime sounds, and tried the
cmd+opt+p+r before the chime.  <sigh>  Anyways, thanks for the advice
and have a great day.

Jason