Re: Automatic root password setting

> #passwd		passwd/root-password		password r00tme
> #passwd		passwd/root-password-again	password r00tme
>
> has this been fixed?

No, this is #271407. It's likely that no more update to shadow will
happen until sarge release unless someone convinces the release
managers (mail debian-release) and someone else does the job.

> Furthermore I'd like to be able to set it to  the same password chosen
> by the user for his personal account. This imply that the user account
> must be set up *before* root password. Is this possible?

No, this would be a change to passwd.confg logic which will not be
made for sarge also...

However, you should be able preseed the values for "normal" user:

#passwd	 passwd/user-password password j0hn_D0e
#passwd	 passwd/user-password-again password j0hn_D0e
#passwd  passwd/user-fullname string John Doe

(untested!)

Unfortunately, the user login name cannot be preseeded as it is
resetted to the user first name (thus "john" in my example) by passwd
config script.