Re: [Indlinux-group] Re: State of graphical installer

Guntupalli Karunakar wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:43:27 +0200
> Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> > Is anybody interested in reviving it and working on a graphical
> > > installation method?
> >
> > As answered quickly on IRC, Joey Hess mentioned in his Oldenburg
> > report that Konstantinos and Colin showed some interest.
> >
> > I may add that people working on Hindic script languages
> > localization issues would probably be highly interested as a recent
> > conclusion was that having a kind of graphical installer using GTK
> > and the Pango library is the only way to properly display Hindic
> > languages.
> >
> > (it would also help a lot for all languages needing some
> > preprocessing, such as right-to-left languages or Thai, or probably
> > several other languages)
> >
> > Early post-sarge development is probably the most appropriate moment
> > for reviving all this.
> >

> Where can I get the source for this? would start taking a peek into
> it.

There's the status page on www.debian.org:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/gtk-frontend

The source for the installer is in the subversion repository:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/svn

The source for the GTK frontend to (c)debconf is in the directory:
packages/cdebconf/src/modules/frontend/gtk/

I guess it's best to dig into the installer first before you are
able to relly help with the GTK frontend, though.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Everybody talks about it, but nobody does anything about it!  -- Mark Twain