Re: http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/pxeboot.tar.gz doesn't detect any IDE devices anylonger

Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello,
> exactly this version of the pxboot worked perfect three weeks ago. But
> today it doesn't find the ide modules and says 'No partionable media
> were found'. I can reproduce on a second, independant site.
>
> http://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/debian/dists/sarge/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/pxeboot.tar.gz
>
> the version here is also on ftp.debian.org I wonder why noone else
> noticed that.

We've just released a new version of the installer, and amoung other
things it switches the available kernel to a newer version. This will
break netboot and floppies from rc1, which you're using above. See
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer for links to new, working
netboot images.

--
see shy jo