Re: State of graphical installer

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 12:53:09PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> State of graphical installer
>
> Does anybody know the current state of the graphical installer?  Using
> debconf for d-i was said to have the benefit of hooking different
> frontends to it and the gtk/gnome frontend is one of them.
>
> Michael Cardenas also provided the first version of a graphical
> installer a couple of years ago (1-2) but I don't remember any
> progress or work being done to it.
>
> Is anybody interested in reviving it and working on a graphical
> installation method?

I know that Gustavo <kov@debian.org> was working on the gtk frontend
sometime ago. Last time I meet him personally (around a month ago) he
told me he was too busy to continue hacking on it.

I'm CC'ing him just in case, anyway.

--
||  André Luís Lopes                 andrelop@debian.org                ||