Re: State of graphical installer

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 12:53, Martin Schulze wrote:
> State of graphical installer
>
> Does anybody know the current state of the graphical installer?  Using
> debconf for d-i was said to have the benefit of hooking different
> frontends to it and the gtk/gnome frontend is one of them.

> Is anybody interested in reviving it and working on a graphical
> installation method?

There was a mail on the kde-debian (aka kalyxo) list a while back from the
CEO of a spanish company called Tuxum. They said they were in the process
of changing their (GPL) installer to be a qt-frontend for d-i

http://www.kalyxo.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/TaskList currently lists it as in
progress, no idea what the exact status of that is.
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)