State of graphical installer

Does anybody know the current state of the graphical installer?  Using
debconf for d-i was said to have the benefit of hooking different
frontends to it and the gtk/gnome frontend is one of them.

Michael Cardenas also provided the first version of a graphical
installer a couple of years ago (1-2) but I don't remember any
progress or work being done to it.

Is anybody interested in reviving it and working on a graphical
installation method?

Regards,

	Joey

--
The only stupid question is the unasked one.