Re: [l10n] Translation and the freeze of packages

On 2004-09-07 Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> > I know there were some changes for Dutch including some fairly
> > important ones for exim4.

> For exim4 updates, it all depends on the maintainer (Andreas Metzler,
> IIRC).
[...]

| exim4 (4.34-4sarge1) testing-proposed-updates; urgency=low
|
|   * Upload to tpu because it looks like switching to gnutls11 will not be
|     possible for sarge. This is 4.34-5 with these changes:
|     - use gnutls10
|     - post 4.34-5 translation updates and additions. (zh_TW, bg and nl).
|   * zh_TW translation of debconf templates by Tetralet. (Closes: #267524)
|   * bg (Bulgarian) translation of debconf templates by Ognyan Kulev
|     (Closes: #267603)
|   * updated translations:
|     - eu (Basque) by Piarres Beobide Egaña. (Closes: #261912)
|     - ca (Catalan) by Jordi Mallach. (Closes: #264842)
|     - nl (Dutch) by Bart Cornelis. (Closes: #268168)
| [some more changes for rc bugs]
|  -- Andreas Metzler <ametzler@debian.org>  Sat, 28 Aug 2004 10:32:28 +0200

Hello,
This upload has sitting in tpu for about 10 days, and I am not aware
of any l10n bugs not fixed by it. It is currently waiting for two
things to happen:
a) being built on arm, mips, and alpha.
b) after that one of the release-manager's will need to review the
diff and approve the upload to testing.

The outage of tpu-autobuilding for alpha, arm, mips and mipsel (mipsel
seems to be at least semi-fixed, though.) is known to the respective
buildd-admins, and I assume it is being worked on. - They just have
even more important stuff on their plates, afaik
testing-security-updates is in a similar state autobuilding-wise. I do
not doubt this will be resolved, because otherwise we will release
sarge e.g. without KDE.

I also do not think there'll be difficulties with b), all changes are
straightforward and as minimal as possible and I think I've got a good
working relationship with our release-maste^Wmanagers, too. ;-)
                    cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"