FIXED! RE: CD boots but keyboard freeze at "boot:"

I found the solution.  The problem actually had to do with my CMD-649
controler.  At boot, the control BIOS displays "Press F1 or F11 for Windows
2000".  I did not know I had to press that to install Linux.  I'm currently
looking to understand what pressing F1 does to the system so that I don't
omit pressing it in the future if required.

After I pressed this, I went past the stage I was locked in but without
proceeding further.  I'm expecting the rest of the install tomorrow will go
fine and I'm sorry to have sent an useless message on this list.