Re: Preseed file not working

On August 31, 2004 04:33 pm, Joey Hess wrote:

> Fraser Campbell wrote:
> > I was appending the option
> > preseed/file=http://blah/~fraser/aruba.debconf, I also tried preseed/url.
>
> Passing preseed/file an url is 100% guaranteed to fail.

So preseed/file should be used only when the file is on a local filesystem?
preseed/url is for when the file sits on a webserver (or other?)?

The installer manual
(http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch04s07.html#id2511044) suggests
that preseed/file=http://url/to/config is correct.

I'll try both.

> I need you to put the preseed file up in some public place, give me the
> real url to it, try a *single* install, tell me exactly what happens,
> down to the exact wording of the error messages, and the exact content
> of the logs, and let me try to replicate it.

I will do so right away.

BTW, thanks for implementing this feature, I think it is immensely useful!
--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/