Can't partition on Beige G3 using Woody Boot Floppies

I am not a subscriber, so please bcc me the reply (please do put me in the
to or cc field since I don't want my e-mail address widely spread around).

I have the Fooppy 1.44 and root.bin and boot fine, but when I get to the
partition screen, I have the option of "hda," and select it. I then get a
warning about quilk (can't remember the name) and Old world or something.
Click OK then get bumped back to the main installer screen. I partitioned
using my MDD (which works fine ONLY with the Sargo boot CD ironically), then
put it back into my G3 and it won't select the swap.

I have also dropped to the console and done cfdisk and mac-fdisk along with
fdisk and get can't find. So you Beige G3 owners out there, how did you get
past this problem? Rev A MT, 266, 768MB, 80GB 7.2K. I assume the 8GB limit
doesn't apply to debian but hey I can't even partition so that doesn't
matter.

I also did the AUX in OS 9, tired partitioning in OS X.  So what can I do to
get the partitioning to work (and swap) so I can install the base, and
install LAMP on my  Beige  G3? Also once I got this up and running I will be
more then willing to write up a detailed article on this for MacWrite.com to
help other beige G3 owners. Also come 2006 when I get my next Mac, I will be
turning my Beige G3 into a Firewall/router (Asante 10/100 card+built in).

Thanks all for the  help

Trevor Harrison