Re: A problem on set-language-env after installation

>On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:57:13 +0900
>Kenshi Muto wrote:
>> This is a known bug (old version uses ISO2022JP instead of EUC-JP as
>> display encoding).
>>
>> Which version did you use? I've already fixed in sid/sarge, but RC1
>> image has old one.

Thank very much for informing me. I am sorry but it is not easy for me
to know this is a known bug.

The version I tested was "sarge-i386-netinst.iso" RC1.
This bug must be a serious problem for those who are going to install
testing version of Sarge under Japanese environment. In my point of
view, it might be hard to find out that this bug is a kind of known
bugs which should be paid attention to. Because there is no notifications
and directly related links on the page

To many users, "Release Candidate" will be treated as a official release
in many cases. So that, I am afraid that new customers might be losing
their interest to introduce Debian.

In addition, Japanese input is only available in "Default System Session",
not in GNOME or KDE sessions on RC1 as you might notice, but I am not sure
this is a bug which already reported by others.

Regards,
     Green.