Re: info: netbooting, installing to usb stick (workaround)

Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> I just tried to install sarge onto my STB-3036 unit via netbooting
> (dhcpd/tftpd). The only 'disks' available on this unit is 2x128 MB usb
> memory sticks.
>
> Had to boot with "linux debian-installer/framebuffer=false".
>
> The netboot image, however, doesn't have the usb-storage module
> included. Thus, I had to extract this module from
> kernel-image-2.4.26-1-386_2.4.26-4_i386.deb and place it on a web
> server available to the STB-3036.

Why? If you can netboot then you can presumably download the rest of the
installer over the network, which will happen automatically. This is how
netboot installs are designed to work. And it will of course include
full support for usb storage.

--
see shy jo