Re:Re: bug about Italian keyboard on ibook

> Giuseppe Sacco wrote
> I reported
> this bug many months ago, and AFAIK it was solved.
I downloaded the iso image both on the 12 of August
and today from:
/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/powerpc/current

I chose the Italian language for installation.
Then I chose the *USB* Italian keyboard,
(by the way why usb?) but it
turned out to be not a "qwerty" but an "azerty"
and I had to use the shift key to write the
ip number of my computer :(

> The contrychooser packages (pre)defines the italian keyboard as
> kbd=lat0-sun16(iso15) and then the kbd-chooser will let you overwrite
> the predefined values with all values from the package console-keymaps.
> In /usr/share/console/lists/keymaps/console-data.keymaps
> I just found that for iBook, the italian keyboard is 'ibook-it'.

In both installer the folder /usr/share/console/ keymaps/
is absent.

> Then, in file
> /usr/share/keymaps/mac/ibook-it.kmap.gz I checked that this is a qzerty
> keyboard.
I don't have this forder but:
$ ls  /usr/share/keymaps/
i386 include

(by the way what's the meaning of i386 on a powerpc
installation CD ?)

and in i386 the installer chose the file :
azerty/mac-usb-it.kmap.gz

because it is the only file who has both usb and it...
instead of choosing a qwerty/mac-usb-it.kmap.gz file
that doesn't exist.

regards,

Giovanni

--
Chim. Giovanni Ridolfi

Peace for world is like yeast for dough

Tiscali ADSL Senza Canone, paga solo quello che consumi!
Non perdere la promozione valida fino al 31 agosto. Per te gratis il modem
in comodato e l'attivazione. In piu' navighi a soli 1,5 euro l'ora per i
primi tre mesi. Cosa aspetti? Attivala subito!
http://abbonati.tiscali.it/adsl/prodotti/640Kbps/