Re: D-I impressions

Ryan Underwood wrote:

- Is is possible to include memtest86 on the install CD as a boot option?
 One of the first things I do when installing a new machine is to check
 that everything is sane.  In this case, Linux crashed when booting the
 first time.  When I made a memtest floppy, I found that one of the
 memory sticks was seated poorly and causing memory errors (probably
 what caused the machine to be given away).  It would have been nice to
 simply do this from the syslinux menu.

I've recommend to a couple of people on debian-user in the past few days that they run memtest86. On the install CD would be a really excellent place for it to be.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait