Re: Ideas thrown around for Fully Automated Installations

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 14:15:36 +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> # This for choosing language
> # Allowed values: English, French, German...
> languagechooser/language-name "French"
> # This for choosing country or region
> # Use ISO-3166 code
> countrychooser/country "FR"
> # Please choose a valid locale
> debian-installer/locale "fr_FR"
> console-keymaps-at/keymap "fr-latin0"
> netcfg/use_dhcp true
> netcfg/get_hostname "mykerinos"
> netcfg/get_domain "domain"

This looks suspiciously like a Kickstart file ;)

> .../...
>
> -feed debconf with these values (small script to be written)
> -run the installer

Partitioning will be difficult. I think we'd need our own special format
for it. Also, maybe net configuration..

But it sounds like a good idea, similar to the one that I've been tossing
around in my head for a while, too.

--
Joshua Kwan