Re: RAID1 install fails

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 12:50:25PM -0300, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org> [2004-05-31 12:13]:
> > GRUB message on vt3:
> > /dev/md0 does not have any corresponding BIOS drive.
> > LILO:
> > An installation step failed. (...)
> > failing step is: Install the LILO boot loader on a hard disk.
> I don't know how to get LILO and GRUB to boot from RAID.  I thought it
> might just work... anyone got a good idea?

When I set up raid, (I always to that after the installation), I edit
the menu.lst manually, and changes /etc/kernel-img.conf to not run
postinstall/prerm-hooks, but to place symlinks in /boot instead

Then I make sure that to create symlinks for the already existing
kernel-images.

for more info, please see
http://developer.skolelinux.no/dokumentasjon/skolelinux_softwareraid_howto.txt

--