Re: new debian-installer images for sparc

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 23:45:06 -0400, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> 1. After the initial boot it tries to load modules sunhme (which seems to
> be wrong for my hardware - Sparcstation 10) and sr_mod (which is not
> included). Following messages appear in /var/log/messages:
>
>  Using /lib/modules/2.4.26-sparc32/kernel/drivers/net/sunhme.o
>  insmod: init_module: sunhme: No such device
>  insmod    sunhme
>  modprobe: failed to load module sunhme
>  insmod: sr_mod.o: no module by that name found
>  insmod    sr_mod
>  modprobe: failed to load module sr_mod

This might be wrong, yes. But does it cause an error message to be
displayed? If not, it's not a problem to me. The reason I added this is
because discover has no SBUS support and sunhme is one of the most
commonly used SBUS devices.

If it caused an error message, I'll remove it for next time.

> 3. The pseudographics is screwed up after reboot as reported before and
> as shown at http://www.wooyd.org/d-i/second.png

Dunno.

Time for math.

--