Re: 2.4 kernels

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 08:48:46PM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:09:20PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > > Interesting. Where did you get these images from? people.d.o/~jbailey?
> > > Also I assume this is on sparc64, right?
>   ^-- please answer, it's important :)

I got it from joeyh's link. Is jbailey's stuff more correct? Yes, it is
on sparc64, but sparc would act the same.

> > Hmm, should be. I sent the patch in for this a long time ago.  Or maybe
> > I never sent this in for 2.4.
>
> Send it to me and I'll integrate it into kernel-image-sparc-2.4 assuming
> SILO does ignore it under normal circumstances like you say it does.

If debian-installer in fact doesn't need this anymore, then I'd rather
let it be. Let's confirm with Jeff and debian-boot.

(Cc'ing them on this email, so I'll put the question here)

Does debian-installer require devfs=mount is a boot param still? We have
a fix to make the sparc/sparc64 kernel images default with this command
line for netbooting (IOW, when SILO is not used to load the kernel),
but if it isn't needed, then we should leave well enough alone.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/