Re: [i10n] Installation Manual Updates

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 10:36:45PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> Ok, I've finished my general plan for editing up the d-i manual. It's a
> bit vague at parts, mainly because I won't know how to organize or
> rewrite parts until I actually start the writing. Since it's fairly
> large, I posted it to
> http://www.tufts.edu/~dnusin01/d-i_manual_plan.txt
>
> Please let me know if there's any issues with it or other suggestions.
> I'd like to get started on Chapter 2 soon if possible. Thanks!

I'll post about the other chapters later, but for the first two
chapters so you can start editing:

Chapter 1:

Points 1.1 - 1.4: Why do you want to remove such a great info? I think
it is important to mention Debian is something more than just "another
Linux distribution".

The move of points 1.5 - 1.9 somewhere else is ok.

Chapter 2:

I like every change but removing the part about "Purchasing Hardware
Specifically for GNU/Linux". This part is pretty generic and
everlasting with no need to modify for every release. Debian is much
about freedom and people should be informed about bad hardware vendors.

Ok, off you go. I've just moved the last bits from boot-new to modules
and won't update anything for a while so we don't clash (I hate to
resolve merge conflicts :-)

--
Miroslav Kure