Re: [i10n] Installation Manual Updates (long)

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 02:31:25PM -0400, Rick_Thomas wrote:
> Hi David!
>
> First, let me echo Frans' welcome.

Hi Rick, thank you!

> I am planning on re-working the powerpc architecture specific parts of
> the installation manual and updating it for d-i/sarge .

Good to hear. I don't have a PPC machine handy to help with that,
unfortunately.

> About a month ago, I had just got through a preliminary pass at marking
> which parts were out of date, which parts seemed to be for a different
> architecture, and which parts were usable but needed work, Then things
> got very busy at my day-job and I had to put it aside for a while.
> Things are starting to cool down at work, and I intend to pick it up
> again in a week or so.
>
> How can I best fit into your plans?

However you see fit :-) When I post my plan for the reorganization
(which I discussed in my reply to Franz) you'll know more of what I'm
thinking. We can discuss it more then.

One thing we'll have to work out is a framework for dealing with
arch-specific stuff. I don't know a ton about docbook yet, so perhaps
there's a convenient mechanism that we can use to take advantage of,
such as providing a question like "Which bootloader am I using?"
followed by an arch-specific answer, where each arch-specific answer is
encoded in the original XML source. We'll have to see. Hopefully we can
work together on coming up with some way of dealing with this issue.

 - David Nusinow